Saturday, September 22, 2007

Life w/ Girls as tweens

I came across a really great workbook from our youth group which has really helped me guide my daughter regarding the whole boy thing. It is a disciple now workbook "Attraction Love Dating and the truth about Sex. www.sosforstudents.com. The title might scare some moms.. but we are very open and honest with our kids about sex. This book really helped me "chill-out". Of course, with my daughter I'm cool on the outside and screaming on the inside "Lord help me get it right"! She is tons of fun and it is an incredible privilege that God has entrusted us to guide her in the right way.

This weekend, my tween went with a friend to The Revolve Tour www.revolvetour.com .. it is a really great tween/teen girls conference The Tour talks about things girls want – and need – to hear, including:Keeping It Real: Inside & Out; The Truth About Guys ; Secrets to Real Beauty; The Inside Scoop on Relationships there's a concert by Natalie Grant and others.. It just reinforces what we are trying to teach her at home... PTL!

I'll let you know how she liked it!

No comments: